Thursday, August 6, 2009

Paula



Finally got this linocut printed! Taking care of my brother-in-law's place for a few days, and that means having enough room to lay out drying prints and suchlike. As Stephanie (his significant other for the last 25 years) is an artist, this kind of behaviour won't raise any eyebrows.
I printed 20 copies of "Paula" on 300gsm (140 lb) watercolour paper I cut into 215mm x 130mm (8.5" x 5") pieces. not a typical size, but should suit my plans for the prints: I hope to finish a series of ten or so prints and bind them into small books. The artist's proof (scanned above) was pulled on 150 gsm A4 Khadi handmade paper, which I haved mounted on a piece of foam-board and dropped into a frame--this leaves the deckle edge exposed and looks pretty neat, if I do say so myself.
The lino was 100mm x 150mm and mounted on 19mm board. I printed with Speedball block printing ink and a Japanese-style palm leaf baren. It's great to be printing again, after so many years away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment